Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Trail Report: Mount Willey

July 5, 2013

This will be a very short blog post because I lost my camera on the descent of this hike.  The only pics I have are the ones I took with my phone.

Please see this post if you think you found my camera:
 http://www.vftt.org/forums/showthread.php?49633-Lost-Camera-Willey-Ridge-Trail-July-5-2013


The day after the 4th was very hot and humid, it was about 80 degrees at the trailhead in the morning and by the time we returned it was almost 90.  Not ideal hiking temperatures.  Not only was it very hot but the black flies were in full swing.  My legs were eaten alive.  After the hike we went over to the parking lot for Mount Crawford and jumped into the ice cold mountain stream!  What a great way to cool off and clean up before our trek over to Moat Mountain Brewery.

And the few pictures I have, not in any particular order.













Summit of Mount Willey: 4,255'
Total Hike Time:
Distance:
Elevation Gain:
Trails: Ethan Pond Trail & Willey Ridge Trail

No comments:

Post a Comment