Thursday, January 24, 2013

Gear Update

I have been saying since I started hiking in April 2012 that I wasn't going to do Winter hiking.  That changed when I did a couple of hikes in cold weather.  I really liked it.  You don't sweat as much and you drink a lot less water.  Tony and I kept hiking until the Whites got buried with snow, at that point we had to stop as neither one of us owned winter hiking boots or snowshoes.

It's been a month since my last hike and I've been having withdrawals,  I received a couple of gift cards for EMS for Christmas so I decided to start buying my Winter hiking gear.  My first two purchases were Garmont Momentum GTX Winter Boots and MSR Evo Ascent Snowshoes.

 My first Winter hiking gear purchases

I have yet to use my new gear, but Tony and I are hoping to get out Feb 4 to either Mount Pierce or Mount Tecumseh.  Keep an eye on my blog for a Winter hike update!

No comments:

Post a Comment